Rubric for Assessing Criteria Use in Invasive Plant Experiment
Each of the following aspects of the project can be used as assessment
- Created a question which would be helpful in determining the growth
interaction of both the exotic and the native species.
- Wrote a reasonable hypothesis based on the question.
- Designed an experiment to effectively test the hypothesis.
- Created a clear experimental design that included an experimental
- Developed procedures that were easy to follow.
- Created a data collection table with enough columns to collect accurate
data that helped prove or disprove the hypothesis.
- Set up the actual experiment accurately according to his or her
- Labeled each of the pots or trays so that owners and contents were
- Cleaned up and took proper care of materials.
- Followed up with the experiment and collected necessary data.
- Based the final conclusion on experimental results.
- Created an attractive display to show what he or she learned from
- Presented his or her experimental findings to the class or other
(science fair, etc.) and clearly demonstrated understanding of the