Students answer worksheet questions during
Exploring Worms and
Let's see what you've learned about worms. Answer the following questions
on the Worm Worksheet.
- What colors are worms?
- How does an earthworm move?
- How many segments do worms have on their bodies?
- How can you tell which part of a worm is its mouth and which is its
bottom or rectum/anus?
- Do any worms you have observed show a swollen or fat part in the middle
of their bodies? (That swollen part is called the clitellum. It is a
sac of fertilized eggs that will become baby worms)
- Did you find any tiny yellow, round eggs?
- Do you think worms like noisy and sunny, bright places or do they
prefer quiet, dark places? How can you tell?
- On the back side of this worksheet, make a careful drawing of a worm
and write down any questions you have about worms.
- Finally, make sure you take the worm from your container and return
it to the area where you found it.